I’ve been looking for a shoe storage solution for right next to our door leading out the the garage. Everything I was seeing was more than I was willing to spend. On a local “For Sale” facebook page last week I saw this cabinet and decided this might fit the bill. It was in poor condition, but I thought I could get it new life:
I started by lightly standing it all (except for the spots that had stickers, those I sanded a lot to get the sticker residue off).
Then it was a coat of primer and some paint. I had the primer and I bought 2 sample jars of paint and that covered it. I had a little help!
After it was all painted I did a coat of poly on the top and sides (where I figured it would get the more wear and tear).