I first saw this concept over at Joy’s Hope. I loved the idea and Father’s Day was a great opportunity to try it out! She called them Puffs, but for me there were a little more like a tart. I also slightly changed the recipe to fit my needs.
Sugar Cookie Tarts with Fresh Fruit
To make these you need:
- 1 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. I used the tube of dough because that was available.
- 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 container of cool whip, not frozen
- fresh fruit sliced thinly or in small chunks: peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- 24 mini muffin tin
- non-stick spray (Pam)
- mini tart shaper (it is made by pampered chef, I’m not sure what else could be used but a great friend lent me hers!)
Start by thoroughly spraying your mini muffin tin with Pam. Next unwrap your cookie dough and slice off a round about 3/4 inch wide
and cut into 4 pieces.
Place each piece in the muffin tin
Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. This is less time than the package directs, but you need them slightly undercooked.
Pull out the cookies and they should be puffed up in the muffin tin.
As soon as you take them out use the tart shaper to push the cookie down into the muffin tin, forming your tart crust.
Let cool and then carefully remove. I needed to slide a knife around the edges to release them from the tins.
Now fill a ziploc bag with your cream cheese mixture and cut the corner off. Pipe the filling into each cup.
Place your fruit ontop and enjoy!
These were super simple and super yummy. They would be awesome for a finger foods party and were a great use of some fresh fruit I needed to use.